EMEPiper Ep 13: Interview with Alyssa Cole
Alyssa Cole is an agent-sibling of mine. Her story, Let Us Dream, is nominated for the 2017 RITA award for Best Romance Novella.
She is a science editor, pop culture nerd, and romance junkie who lives in the Caribbean and occasionally returns to her fast-paced NYC life.
In addition to writing, she founded and hosted the Jefferson Market Library Romance Book Club and taught Romance Writing for Beginners. She speaks on topics such as writing erotic romance, writing multicultural romance, and self-editing. She has contributed romance-related articles to publications including RT Book Reviews, Heroes and Heartbreakers, Romance at Random, and The Toast. She has also started a bi-monthly column in the Romance Writer’s Report, Romancing the Globe, in which she chats with romance writers from around the world.
When she’s not busy writing, traveling, and learning French, she can be found watching anime with her husband or tending to her herd of animals.
I’m happy to have Alyssa join me on EMEPiper!
- Introduction to Alyssa Cole and her work
- Writing in series versus stand alone stories
- Alyssa’s technique to manage her time writing: winging it in the past and recently using Pacemaker
- On deadlines: self-imposed and contracted
- Planning to pad time between deadlines and remembering we’re human
- Difference in pace of writing genre fiction and literary fiction
- On voracious readers: romance
- How to prioritize when deadlines collide?
- Alyssa’s Time Management Tip
- Pacemaker: A Simple Flexible Goal Planner for Writers & Students
- Write or Die
You can support EMEPiper and Piper’s other writing-related creative content at patreon.com/piperjdrake.