Prioritizing and urgency via deadlines are at the top of my mind as I kick off 2016’s run of #EMEPiper at the changeover from January to February.
Last year was full of deadlines, possibly the most challenging year for writing I’ve ever had. As a result, I’ve got five books releasing this year, as well as two or three short stories as PJ Schnyder.
For the coming year, I’ve got even more planned and I want to manage my time so I can do all the things, enjoying them along the way. There are going to be some tough choices ahead and a lot of prioritization.
- Why is Piper podcasting about time management?
- Nifty friends with creative ideas, coordinating dates with writerly deadlines
- Setting daily word count targets to hit the deadline
- “Word count” and the publishing perspective
- Rewire the brain: word count target vs. chapter target
- NaNoWriMo and drafting, not editing
- On contracts and pitching and writing the next book
- Importance of deadlines, even self-imposed
- Word counts and genre
- Lessons Learned from Writerly Life: Don’t ignore publisher standards for word count
- Time Management Trick: Plan Your Day and Prioritize the To Do
- Book Trailer ? The Diamond Conspiracy: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel
- In their Own Worlds
You can support EMEPiper and Piper’s other writing-related creative content at patreon.com/piperjdrake.