The year 2014 flew right by me in a whirl of book releases (as PJ Schnyder), new series proposals, and exciting book deals (as Piper J. Drake).
Even though I’ve only existed as Piper J. Drake since September of 2014, I’ve been very busy.
- 3 book deal with Carina Press for a new romantic suspense series
- 3 book deal with Grand Central Publishing’s Forever imprint for a new romantic suspense series
- turned in book 1 of the new romantic suspense series with Carina Press to my editor
I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions.
And let’s face it. No matter how quickly a year seems to fly by, a year is a long time and things can change. So a year long resolution might not be applicable 6 months in. Setting my goals on a quarterly basis gives me time to reassess and set new goals completely applicable to what I want to accomplish. How I set them, what they are…that’s probably the topic of a podcast.
Goals aside, I have made commitments.
Those, I need to meet and they give a pretty decent snap shot of what I’ll be up to this year.
So what’s in store for 2015?
- turn in book 1 of the new romantic suspense series with Grand Central Publishing Forever imprint to my editor*
- turn in book 2 of the new romantic suspense series with Grand Central Publishing Forever imprint to my editor
- turn in book 2 of the new romantic suspense series with Carina Press to my editor*
- Edits, promotion, and celebration for the RELEASE of book 1 of the series with Carina Press in November
- create more Piper Travels and Piper Notes on my YouTube channel
- consistently produce episodes for my new podcast – Every Minute, Everywhere: Time Management for Authors with Piper J. Drake
- fulfill commitments as my alter-identity, PJ Schnyder
*Note: my editors for Carina Press and Grand Central Publishing are two different, very talented people. I am incredibly excited to work with each of them.
What are you up to in 2015?